Have you encountered child abuse in some form and not know what to do about it?

Follow these steps:

1. Determine the organization responsible for the area in which the abuse took/is taking place:

Hawston, Fisherhaven and Hemel-en-Aarde Valley

The Department of Social Development: Overstrand Local Office
Address: The Trading Post, Onrus Road, Onrus
Contact Number: 028 316 4141

Zwelihle, Mount Pleasant, Sandbaai, Onrusrivier, Vermont and Paradise Park

Hermanus Child and Family Services
Address: 32 Malva Street, Mount Pleasant
Contact number: 028 313 0830

Westcliff, Hermanus Central, Northcliff, Eastcliff and Voelklip

Address: 40 Marine Dr, Westcliff, Hermanus
Contact number: 067 182 4211

2. Fill in this AFFIDAVIT, sign it at the police station or in the presence of a commissioner of oaths.

3. Take the signed affidavit to the relevant organization and hand it to a social worker. They will guide you through any further steps.

Report abuse after office hours to the police, they will notify the relevant child protection authority.