- To coordinate the care and development of children in our Cluster Foster Scheme.
- To coordinate the administration related to the compliance of our Cluster Foster Scheme.
- To deliver appropriate early intervention services and support to foster families with children who have been placed in their care, providing access to social services.
- To ensure that services are integrated and available to families who are considered to be vulnerable and/or at risk.
Social Worker Supervisor and Cluster foster scheme manager (partner organisation).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To work with vulnerable and/or at risk families in the HCFS office and other settings, including their home, to provide advice/support and practical help that will develop resilience.
- To work with families to identify needs and facilitate the families’ access to appropriate support/services. Where necessary, to accompany families to enable access to appropriate support/services.
- To promote good relationships between carer/parent and child – supporting parent/carers’ interaction with children.
- To determine the needs in conjunction with social workers and facilitate the development of children in our Cluster Foster Scheme.
- To maintain effective records of interviews and conversations, as well as submission of mandatory monthly reports.
- To keep records and files of all children in our care up to date.
- Attend team meetings and training as required,
- To ensure the safety and protection of children in their families, as outlined in the Children’s Act, 2010
- To be knowledgeable of the Children’s Act, 2010
- A Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC) in Social Auxiliary Work.
- Minimum of two to three years’ relevant experience post qualification.
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP).
- Be in possession of a valid driver’s License.
- Valid Police Clearance Certificate (renewable every 3 years).
- Strong interpersonal ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
- Excellent report writing and administrative abilities.
- Good command of English. The ability to speak Afrikaans and Xhosa in addition, will be an advantage.
- Ability to express him/herself accurately and eloquently.
- Computer literacy.
To apply for this post, please download and complete the HCFS application form, available as an MSWord document or PDF document, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.