HERMANUS CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES: ADMINISTRATION OFFICER POST
The applicant should be able to:
Provide administrative support to social workers who provide preventative, developmental and statutory services.
This would include but not be limited to:
- Management of case files and electronic databases.
- Administration linked to training programmes and their logistics.
- Administration and compilation of required documents associated with:
- Child-related investigations;
- Child removals;
- Court inquiries;
- Court inquiry finalisations;
- Court order extensions; and
- Movement of children in the foster care system.
- Archiving and digitising of statutory documents.
- Providing statistics for the various reports required by the Department of Social Development.
- Maintaining registers associated with statutory work, for example:
- Form 22 register.
- Temporary safe care register.
- Foster care monitoring tool.
- Abscondment register.
- Minimum qualification: Social Auxiliary Worker certificate.
- Member of good standing with SACSSP.
- An administration qualification would be an advantage.
In addition, the applicant should be:
- Familiar with the child protection system.
- Able to work quickly and accurately, giving attention to fine detail.
- Fluent in English (as a minimum) and able to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
- A resident of the Overstrand municipal area.
- Conversant with the Children’s Act 38 of 2005 (as amended by the Children’s Amendment Act 41 of 2007) and the associated Regulations came into force on 1 April 2010.
- An above-average user of computer word-processing and spreadsheet programmes.
- A competent driver with a valid driver’s licence.
- A team player with mature interpersonal skills and conflict resolution abilities.
- Willing to work after hours as required from time to time in emergency situations.
- Willing to learn and submit to organisation policies and procedures.
Remuneration will be in line with a subsidy from the Department of Social Development.