HERMANUS CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES: ADMINISTRATION OFFICER POST
The applicant should be able to:
Provide administrative support to social workers who provide preventative, developmental and statutory services.
This would include but not be limited to:
- Management of case files and electronic databases.
- Administration linked to training programmes and their logistics.
- Administration and compilation of required documents associated with:
- Child-related investigations;
- Child removals;
- Court inquiries;
- Court inquiry finalisations;
- Court order extensions; and
- Movement of children in the foster care system.
- Archiving and digitising of statutory documents.
- Providing statistics for the various reports required by the Department of Social Development.
- Maintaining registers associated with statutory work, for example:
- Form 22 register.
- Temporary safe care register.
- Foster care monitoring tool.
- Abscondment register.
- Minimum qualification: Social Auxiliary Worker certificate.
- Member of good standing with SACSSP.
- An administration qualification would be an advantage.
In addition, the applicant should be:
- Familiar with the child protection system.
- Able to work quickly and accurately, giving attention to fine detail.
- Fluent in English (as a minimum) and able to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
- A resident of the Overstrand municipal area.
- Conversant with the Children’s Act 38 of 2005 (as amended by the Children’s Amendment Act 41 of 2007) and the associated Regulations came into force on 1 April 2010.
- An above-average user of computer word-processing and spreadsheet programmes.
- A competent driver with a valid driver’s licence.
- A team player with mature interpersonal skills and conflict resolution abilities.
- Willing to work after hours as required from time to time in emergency situations.
- Willing to learn and submit to organisation policies and procedures.
Remuneration will be in line with a subsidy from the Department of Social Development.
To apply for this post, please download and complete the HCFS application form, available as an MSWord document or PDF document, and send it to email@example.com.